Your privacy is important to us. Run With Ian values the trust you have placed in us.
• to keep your Personal Information safe and private;
• not to sell your Personal Information; and
• to give you ways to manage and review your preferences at any time.
This Policy describes why we collect and how we process your Personal Information. It also tells you how you can contact us if you have questions about your Personal Information.
Who are we?
Run With Ian is Professional Services company that provides Training Plans, pro-active, non-medical advice and recommendations for Runners to improve their performance and achieve their personal goals. We offer fitness and nutrition products and/or services through our own websites and through other online platforms, including our partners' websites. Our ultimate goal is to encourage practical and achievable lifestyle change for improved health benefits for our clients.
What kind of Personal Information does Run With Ian use and how do we collect it?
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 and as outlined in our Terms and Conditions, "Personal Information" is any information provided by you, the customer, that is specific and can be used to identify you, either alone or in combination with other information.
We process the following types of Personal Information:
1. "Transaction Data" – when you purchase our products or services, we collect personal data required to deliver your product/ service to you and take payment for the purchase, which will include name, email address, postal address and payment information/ bank details. These details are processed by a payment service provider on our behalf (see below).
2. "Registration Data" – when you create an online account with us, we create a personal member’s account for you so that you can access your results and also access/update your Personal Information. Information provided by you when registering for an account will include your name, email, address, phone number, user ID and password. Registration Data shall not be passed to third parties without your consent.
3. "Self-Reported Data" - when you use our services you will be asked to provide certain information that is relevant to the production of a Training Plan. This information is used by Run With Ian to prepare the best possible advice for you with regards to training and nutrition. This data may include details about your gender, lifestyle and social circumstances and consequently, may include special category data. We will always ask you for your express consent before we process your Self-Reported Data in accordance with this Policy.
4. "User Content" - when you visit our website, even if you do not order any product, we may collect certain information, such as your IP address, which browser you are using and information about your PC’s operating system, application (“app”) version, language settings and pages that have been shown to you. If you are using a mobile device, we might also collect data that identifies your mobile device, device-specific settings and characteristics. We might also calculate and process data related to the type of apps installed on a mobile device, such as the name of the app, an app description and the category it belongs to.
Please refer to our Cookies Policy for further information in relation to User Content. User Content also includes any other information, which may be generated through your use of our products/services, including the information which we provide to you in relation to your results, your insights and recommendations and anything which you choose to share online.
Why is your information being collected?
Run With Ian collects and processes your Personal Information in order to:
• process orders that you have submitted for our products, events & services;
• prepare tailored training and nutritional advice to you;
• carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
• assist you with queries related to your orders, tests, training and nutrition plans;
• seek your views or comments on the services we provide;
• improve the products/services we provide to you;
• notify you of changes to our products or services;
• send you communications which you have opted to receive and that may be of interest to you (which may include information about our products/services, fitness, nutrition, customer success stories and promotional offers);
• send you information regarding our Membership program;
• deal with entries into a competition;
• maintain our accounts and records; or
• in connection with research and development activities, detailed further below.
Retention of Personal Information
How can you control marketing emails?
Upon ordering products or registration we provide you with options to opt-in to marketing emails. If you decide to opt-in, we hope you enjoy receiving our emails. If you would prefer not to be kept up-to-date with our special offers, you can opt-out or unsubscribe, from marketing communications at any time using the 'Unsubscribe' link in each newsletter or by emailing us at email@example.com and requesting to be unsubscribed.
In what circumstances does Run With Ian share your data with third parties?
Run With Ian does not sell your information to third parties, and we do not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
We may share your personal data with third parties in the following circumstances:-
• Your orders: in order to process and deliver your orders, we need to transfer relevant delivery details to service providers. This may include information such as your name, contact details (e.g. email and telephone number) and address details you specified when placing an order. Examples include our distribution partners who ship our products and postage services. Other service providers include those who provide customer support and obtain your feedback for independent consumer reviews. Additionally, we may need to share your information with professional advisors, such as Customs Officials in order to provide you with our products and services. In any such circumstances, the third party will be bound to apply the same protections and safeguards to your Personal Information as we do.
• Competent authorities: We may share your Personal Information with governmental or investigative authorities if we are required by law (or any regulation having the force of law) to do so. Such requirements include court orders, subpoenas and orders arising from legal processes and criminal investigations. We may also disclose your Personal Information if it is strictly necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal acts.
• Research and development: as noted above, we may need to share your Personal Information for such purposes, however, we will always obtain your consent before doing so.
What security procedures does Run With Ian put in place to safeguard your Personal Information?
Run With Ian takes the security and confidentiality of your Personal Information extremely seriously and maintains a high level of protection to ensure that there is no loss of or unauthorised access to it. In accordance with the GDPR, we have appropriate technical and organisational measures in place to safeguard your Personal Information. These include technical and physical restrictions on our servers, which are password protected and only accessible to authorised personnel of Run With Ian.
You have various rights as an individual which you can exercise in relation to the Personal Information we hold about you, including rights of access, correction, erasure, restriction of processing, data portability and objection. You can read more about these rights here.
How can you control the Personal Information you have given to Run With Ian?
Run With Ian tries to be as open as it can be in terms of giving people access to their Personal Information. You can access and amend much of the information we hold on you via your secure online Members area by logging into your profile via our website. Here, you will have the option to update or delete, your Personal Information.
• once you download your Personal Information from Run With Ian, it will no longer be secured by the encryption we provide on our servers and you will become fully responsible for ensuring the security of this data; and
• if you choose to delete all your Personal Information from our systems, you will no longer be able to access Run With Ian Products or Services, which rely on this data.
Individuals can request a copy of their information by contacting us in writing at the address below or at the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org stating 'Subject Access Request' in the subject. We may ask for further information to validate the identity of the requester to ensure the security of the data we hold. Run With Ian has one month to reply to any request from the date of receiving all the information necessary to process the request.
If you decide to delete all your Personal Information from our systems, we will permanently and irretrievably delete all your Personal Information (except that required by law) from all our systems, including our back up systems, without undue delay. Following this, if you wish to use Run With Ian Services again in the future, you will have to set up a new account and make a new purchase.
If we hold any Personal Information that you have discovered to be incorrect and are unable to correct it yourself through your secure online Members area, you can ask us to correct it by contacting us at email@example.com or at the address below.
What can I do if I have any questions or complaints relating to how my data is used?
Should you have any questions, concerns or comments about our practices or this Policy contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively you can write to us at:
Run With Ian
C/o Baynes Professional Services Ltd.
You also have the right to complain to the regulator, and to lodge an appeal if you are not happy with the outcome of a complaint. In the UK this is the Information Commissioner’s Office. Find out on their website how to report a concern.